Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Do the Math: $2 million is LESS THAN $35 million

I was browsing Twitter, as I'm apt to do quite often, when I saw this post:
Naturally, I went to the article. And I read the accompanying article. Seriously, you have to do some research these days or you'll end up saying something wrong. Have you seen that Andy Griffith died? It's been going around Facebook lately. He passed away in August 2012, yet people are posting it now without reading when it actually happened. My point is you need to follow up on these types of articles to see how accurate they are.

Unfortunately, this one is accurate.


The question is, as a fan of any sport, how do we change this?

The answer is rather simple. Go to the games. Show your support. If you don't have a women's team around you, try to watch it on TV. And we have to do this ALL THE TIME. Not just during the World Cup or the WNBA championship.

These women are incredible athletes. They should be treated AND paid as well as their male counterparts. And the leagues need to recognize this. Just like they do in tennis.

Right Serena?

No comments:

Post a Comment